For over 25 years, PAWS has provided care and resources to help abandoned and abused animals in Central Pennsylvania. We serve Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York Counties.
With the help of over 200 volunteers, local veterinarians and support from the community, PAWS:
- Offers a NEW High-Quality / Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic for OWNED pet cats in the Harrisburg area. Click here to Schedule;
- Offers a reduced-fee, public spay/neuter program for cats and dogs in cooperation with local veterinarians;
- operates low-cost and occasional free spay/neuter clinics for homeless cats to humanely reduce the number of unowned, free-roaming cats in our region;
- Offers Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) support via trap loans, spay/neuter clinics (see above), spay/neuter resource list and homeless cat management library
- Cares for and find homes for over 500 abandoned and abused animals each year;
- Provides emergency veterinary care for injured or sick homeless animals;
- Designs and presents programs that teach humane education to children;
- Promotes responsible pet ownership through participation in community events;
- Collaborates with other rescues and local shelters to provide foster care or spay/neuter services to animals in need.
Please note, PAWS cannot offer trapping services to individuals. We do not have the resources to do so.